I love the Forgotten Realms setting and enjoy using the officially published content as a starting point for my adventures, fleshing out the NPCs relationships, incorporating players backstories and tossing in more side quests and random encounters wherever it makes sense, the occasional bar brawl, and the occasional holiday-themed event, just for fun. I love it when my characters go in unexpected directions and approach quests in unusual ways and I try to make my adventures as open-ended as possible to facilitate this.
I enjoy teaching new players how to play! If you sign up for any of my games and you have never played before, or you have played but you're not 100% comfortable that you've got it right, let me know and I"ll get together with you a half-hour early to walk you through your character setup and give you a quick tutorial.
I have run many games for kids and I am able to adapt my games to be age-appropriate. I do require at least one responsible adult per child to be present and participating.
If you need an accommodation due to an impairment or just a preference, please let me know. I am happy to do all text games (I grew up on all text games!) or use all audio or Google's nifty closed caption feature. Let me know what you need and we'll work together to make the game work for you.
I do not allow discussion of IRL politics or religion at my table, ever. Abusive, racist, and sexist language is prohibited. I like my games to be inclusive and I appreciate diversity. Sexual themes and themes of abuse are not permitted. My games are cooperative and I expect players to cooperate. I do allow evil characters if all the other players are on board and you can play evil within the rest of the rules. Evil-ness is no excuse for bad manners.
I use milestone advancement. You can choose how you wish to roll characters as long as everyone agrees. I will apply the same rules to my bad guys.
I run both Theater of the Mind games, using Google Meets for preference (though I am flexible) and have a Foundry Virtual Table Top server and I use Discord voice or Chat with that.
1. I only allow official races and classes, no homebrew. Choose a class and race that makes sense in the world you are playing in.
2. Know your own character and be prepared to do at least some of your own looking up. I provide you access to my books.
3. We take a break every 1.5 hours, or when the first person has to pee, whichever comes first.
4. Get consent from your teammate before using them in your plan.
5. We do not roleplay rape, child abuse or detailed sexual situations.
6. Language, etc. should be safe for work. I'm not going to kick you out for a slip up in your excitement.
- D&D 5e